Ten-Wheelers for the Grand Valley....
Well, after a long delay for painting, I wasn't at all pleased with the look of these locos in Grand Valley paint.  Here's a Grand Valley Mogul to illustrate that look:

[Image: Re-builtMoguls048.jpg]

The striping on the Ten Wheelers' low and boxy tenders made them look even pudgier than they were, so I decided that they'd look better as Erie Northshore locos.  Besides, with the Northshore's Mikes usually working coal trains, or through freights between interchanges, a couple of smaller Northshore locos to cover the locals and mixed trains made more sense.

Here's the 622 on the Lowbanks turntable:

[Image: DSCF1979.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1980.jpg]

...and sister 620 hustling a short freight out of town:

[Image: DSCF1982.jpg]

...dropping a car at Bowyer Manufacturing:

[Image: DSCF1984.jpg]

...or doubleheaded on a through freight:

[Image: DSCF1986.jpg]

The 622 at the Lowbanks crossing.  

[Image: DSCF1989.jpg]

These locos are pretty-good pullers:  while setting up these photos, the 620 pulled 3 freight cars and 13 ounce combine Willowglade up the curving grade between Lowbanks and Elfrida, all while pushing a dozen empty hoppers, then continuing to push until the hoppers went all the way up the 2.5% grade towards South Cayuga, where they were parked out of the way for the photos.  They also doublehead well together or with the Northshore's Athearn Mikes.
Only seven more locomotives (at least of my own) to re-work and one to scratchbuild.  35  Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread