Your first model train.
My very first Train set was a "Seaboard Freight" Lionel O-27 set on my 6th birthday. It came with an invincible C&O 4-4-2 atlantic (the thing has literally caught fire, and still runs to this day), a Chessie System/C&O Boxcar, CB&Q gondola, and a Chessie System/ C&O Caboose.

Unfortunately, my train set didn't really grow until almost 7 years later, when i picked up a few switches and some new freight cars. When it was clear that lionel was going to be to expensive, I "Downgraded" to HO.

At 13, I picked up a Lifelike double diesel and caboose set, and some Bachmann EZ track. It included two Chessie System/ B&O GP38s. I haven't dropped out of the hobby since!

The lionel has been out almost every christmas since except for the last couple, due to a puppy chewing wires and now a 2 year old nephew.

[Image: IMG_1517.jpg]

Speaking of Christmas, my one of my GP38s when they were new, in December 2003, ten years ago! Sadly, Only the Conrail GP7, Crane, and the Lionel Set still run. Everything else in this picture has not survived my childhood! I'm always looking for a new UP C44-9W #9820.

[Image: 100-0015_IMG.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread