Where is the ground in Chicago?
jwb Wrote:Well, OK, if that's what people have signed on to. On the other hand, the approach of saying my ISL is in Alaska, so I have pine trees -- whoops, now it's in Florida, I have palm trees, and I've renamed this spur for whatever supermarket chain is prevalent wherever, begins to take on a same old-same old. Where's the challenge? I'm not referring to anyone's single layout; there's a million like that in the UK (and I've discovered they get really upset when I make this comment, especially if I mention the Miley Cyrus of ISL builders in the same post). I can partly see the space issue if all you have and all you'll ever have is a 1 x 6, but even L**** M*******, given the chance, builds custom layouts for things like the Northeast Corridor, and I'll bet he'd get pretty bored if all anyone asked him to build was Florida-theme ISLs, convertible with a few hours work to Seattle if they really felt like it. Even there, part of the challenge in life is to find a way to go beyond what you think is the minimum space you have. But each to his own. Nevertheless, there's such a thing as same old-same old.

Here come those 'straw men' again.

Messages In This Thread