New Switching Layout
Hey there, all - just registered, after a friend of mine directed me over here because of the great layout discussions. I just moved our family into a new home, and the wife has granted me trackage rights in a small room in our house thats 7' x 16'. I have been looking over the thread for the Bushwick Terminal, and its such a great track plan, I think it will be a perfect "anchor" to the layout, which will be along a single wall in the space for now, with a couple of small staging tracks extending around a corner on one end.

I am planning to fit out the room first, using 2 strips of track lights recycled from the kitchen ( ugly in there, functional for a train room! ) and then shop lights for general lighting in the room. The space is technically non-conditioned, as it is a raised slab between the garage and the house with insulated sliding glass doors on both ends, but it stays warm enough that only a small space heater is needed to make it comfortable while I am out there. There's a bit of humidity especially when its damp outside, nothing crazy though. So my question is, what to use for the top on the benchwork? I will be making the structure from birch plywood for stability, and was thinking of using homasote for the top - easy to tack or glue track right down, and pretty forgiving when it comes to any changes down the road. Any thoughts on this?

- Jered

Messages In This Thread