A question about movie clips
I have a bunch of analog stuff, thousands of feet of 8MM film and a whole bunch of personal VCR tapes that I've decided it's about time to digitize them and get them on DVD disks. I have an A/V to USB converter for the VCR tapes, and I have a way of copying the 8MM film as well. My problem is that the software that came with the converter is absolutely impossible to work with. The printed manual was obviously written by a programmer who assumes we know as much about the program as they do. Curse I've been able to capture a tape into an .mpg file and I can run it with Windows media viewer, but I've yet to convert it to a DVD since the software creates the file, but won't let me use it to burn a DVD, and otherwise crashes when I use their native file. The program that came with the converter is "Honestech VHS to DVD". I have also downloaded "MoviePlus, starter edition" since I'm familiar with some other of Serif's software, and, I also have "Windows Movie Maker" on this XP machine. MoviePlus did create some .wmv files which I can also read with the Windows media viewer but have not yet tried to burn a disk using one.

My question is, do any of you put your videos on a DVD disk, and if so, what software do you use? I've got far too much time working with the Honestech and will switch to one of these others if need be, but if you are using some other software that is more intuitive and easier to use, I'm willing to give that a try.

The big plus with the three programs that I already have, is that I've paid for the one, and the other two are free... A definite plus.

One other frustrating thing is that one would think that a company that makes video capture software would have a video on how to use it. 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread