A question about movie clips
OK, it's been a good five months since I started this project and I've been able to transfer all of my 8MM movies, 35MM slides, VCR tapes, camcorder video and some still pictures to DVDs. Everything I had was analog, so I either had to scan it in using the Honestech software, a slide scanner or my photo scanner. It took a long time to conquer the Honestech program. Trial and error was the only way, and sometimes very frustrating as you could tell by my earlier posts Curse . The hardest media to transfer was the 8MM, since it all was all around 50 years old or better, it was brittle and I now have a whole box of little 8MM bits I can't splice together. Nope I had to project the movies onto a screen, then use a camcorder to record them before putting them into the computer, so the quality isn't great, but at least they are now preserved for posterity. Thumbsup

I also found another program called PhotoStage that let me create slideshows and overlay sound. It worked really well on the slides from our wedding, which again, were well over 50 years old Icon_lol . I was able to use the Honestech software to create DVD using the slideshow plus adding some video clips to them. Between the two programs, I was able to do everything I set out to do, and had my frustrations turn into a happy face. Big Grin I've still got a few hundred still photos to finish scanning, and then create slideshows for them as well, plus a friend is going to scan some negatives that are too big for my 35MM photo scanner.

I just thought you might be interested in how I made out, plus, if any of you have the desire to do the same, I think I can help you get through the process. 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread