A personal anniversary
yellowlynn Wrote:I can't remember prezactly, but I was with the-guage for several years before zealot, then eons (it seemed) with zealot before we got back to Big Blue. So, it's been at least a while. 2285_ 2285_

Lynn

You have me beat by a little bit. According to records, you joined the-gauge on Jul 7, 2001, just about a half-year from its opening.

nachoman Wrote:I started with the old forum probably 2005. But I don't know for sure, I got banned from the old place for necroposting. Nope

Yeah, I do remember your being there, but from what I see, you are not banned, you have been eliminated. :o There was a time that CG had appointed a mean-spirited admin, and he would ban or delete anyone for the slightest infraction. The problem is that once your username was deleted, it can't be recovered. I was locked out for asking a simple question about a function that wasn't working and I had to go to the head guy at CG to get myself reinstated. 35 After that admin was fired, Mikey and I were able to go back in there and reinstate a lot of those that were banned. This guy had once proposed deleting all threads that hadn't been posted to in the past six months or so, thus deleting all our archives and valuable discussions. Fortunately, he was replaced before he had that chance. The new regime has a posted rule about necroposting, and has banned some of you for just that. I have no idea why, we have nothing against reopening an old thread, just as long as you're not a spammer.... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread