Westbrook
To echo Catt's words, It is your layout, do what you feel is right.
Unless your scenery is sand, tumble weeds,scrub brush, cacti or palm trees, , having a hills covered with forest, cuts and tunnels, small villages along the line, could be anywhere else in the United States from New England, to the Northwest. It all depends on what name is painted on the loco. Usually that sets the location of your railroad. Though you do see UP
locos lashed up with BNSF's on Class 1's, on regional, like the Guilford, its very rare.

I could take my Housatonic Railroad GP-35's and smack them down on a friends layout based in Washington State and call it Connecticut. Unless he has signs with known local businesses and industries, or HO scale Washington State lisence plates on his vehicles, you would probably never know the difference. I have had "rivet couunters" show me pictures of their layouts and say this is such and such area."Oh...Really?. and you went out and measured it then modeled every square inch?. I don't think so".

You're a freelancer. Run what you want, when you want, and call it what you want.
It's your railroad. Just have fun doing it.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

Messages In This Thread