Freelance 2014-2
I appreciate the discussion of the last days about possibilities how to improve a more prototypical operation on my layout. It may sound strange but it was the end of a search going on since some month. It was my intention to find an area suitable to be shrunk into a small layout fitting on the south side of my room. I meant "shrunk" like it is done on some of the ISL on rmweb or like Lance did it with a section of tracks in Florida. I did not find such area and John's very helpful suggestions how to compose an prototypical operation from a broader area in the LA basin made my mind up.
I go back to the name of this thread "Freelance". Neither a specific area in the rust belt (e.g. Cermak Rd) nor in SoCal (e.g. Vernon) will be used as a prototype. I will intentional be abstract and arbitrary picking single elements (e.g. structures) I like and that might be of use on my fictional layout. I will try do avoid elements to specific and limiting the scope of a freelance layout like palm trees. That will also permit the use of a wide selection of engines, railcars from various railroads as long as they match for a specific operating session.

I am back to FREELANCE 2014-2 an unspecific ISL
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread