How much can we justify spending?
Catt Wrote:I like my "Botchmann" locos.I think alot of the negative talk about Bachmann is from people who have never owned one,but they were told they are junk by someone else who most likely never did either.I run ATLAS,Bachmann, KATO,and LifeLike on the Onandaga sub and you would be surprized at how many people can not believe how well they all run even though "Everybody knows that Bachmann and LifeLike are junk"

Hmmm, come to think of it the only new stuff I buy these days is made by Bachmann (On30).

I don't even know where to begin with Bachmann, but you certainly don't need to own a Bachmann engine to see the problems. Most of the Spectrum models at least run alright, but almost all of their models suffer from really, REALLY simple but difficult to correct errors, particularly concerning paint schemes. Bachmann does a miserable job on research.

Hence the name "Botchmann". Its one thing if you're selling a lower end model and you dont have all the fancy super details. However, I expect you to get the paint right, especially when we're talking about simple ones like Conrail. Note that for some reason, they swapped the location of the logo and lettering. Why?

Another big offender is the Amtrak Amfleet cars by bachmann. They actually changed the paint job on these models due to complaints, but they STILL got it wrong, putting the logos in different wrong places. The "Phase II" amfleet coach does not even match the real Phase II paint scheme at all. These aren't old cars either, they are currently producing these things.

Botchmann is right!

[Image: Conrail%20CR%204608_Kearny%20NJ_Jim%20Ga...102624.jpg]

[Image: 824061.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread