How much can we justify spending?
Brakie Wrote:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GEC This RTR craze is probably what has lead to the slow disappearance of detail parts, decals, paints, and other useful upgrade kits.
--------------------------------------------------------
Depending on the detail parts you need Atlas has a nice selection at lower cost then DA and DW.

As far as decals check MBK.

I'm a big fan of Atlas for exactly that reason. Kato must also be commended for having parts readily available cheaply. Bachmann too, although I am frustrated that they are out of stock of Acela style pantographs. Athearn only seems to be good for ordering old parts, its harder to get the parts off of something new.

That said, I've seen a lot of manufacturers of details, decals and paint go under. Sunrise Enterprises had some good details.

Herald King, Champs, they're all gone. We just watched Floquil and Pollyscale dissappear.

MK Klein won't be stocking much of those anytime soon. There is still enough stuff out there to do interesting projects, but our options are shrinking.

Brakie Wrote:Ed,I still have 2 BB GP35s and 2 BB U33Bs..I also have several BB GP7s..

I suppose admitting to that I'm now on the "Not a real model railroader" list. :o :cry: Sad

Also, I have one of those wide bodied GP7s. I don't think that it makes anyone "not a real modeler" to use those locomotives, and I hope I'm not giving off that vibe. They just aren't my first choice in a model mostly due to the nature of the hoods, but thats a personal preference, not a standard to be enforced on others. I couldn't care less in the long run.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread