How much can we justify spending?
Lester Perry Wrote:Cool alien ships. I do have a question though. Why do they and all others I have seen have wings.There is no air in space so they won't work. Also what do rockets push against? Forgive me for going off topic. Big Grin

Why do they and all others I have seen have wings?
The "winglike structures" are pylons to carry the weapons, and "shield" systems,and they are esthetically pleasing to the eye of the beholder, but not exactly "aerodynamic". Wink Smile

What do rockets push against?
In a way, they don't....however, the force of the expulsion of hot gasses is a force that has the equal and opposite force that is exerted on the rocket. The kick of a gun is the equal / opposite force of the explosive moving of the mass of the bullet.
The "alien ships" seen, do not have rockets, they are "inertial drive engines" Their "core mass" is "told" that it is moving in a direction at a speed" (( you see this in a Newton's Cradle, where the "inertia" of the "falling ball" is communicated through the middle three, and the fifth / opposite end ball instantaneously starts moving at the same rate and direction as the falling ball was, at the moment of contact )). Smaller versions of the main drive engines are used for roll pitch and yaw ( directional control ...rudders, tail flaps,and ailerons, are also useless in space )
The idea of "rockets" for space travel ??? Ludicrous !! rockets burn LOTS of fuel......... Nope there are no "gas stations" Icon_twisted in space.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread