Cane River and Winnfield Rock.
Today my SD24 and 5 flat cars showed up. Not only that but the TCS AMD4 decoder for the SD24 turned up too!

So I spent the evening fitting it. Put it on the track, eager to test my new loco, and...

...nothing.

Uh-oh! So I switch over to a loco I know works. It runs fine. Back to the SD24 - nothing. Looked online, and apparently as the AMD4 is designed to fit in many different Atlas locos it doesn't sit snug in the SD24, and needs a little bit of packing to make a decent electrical contact. I cut a small strip of styrene to size and wedged it under the cab end of the decoder to just raise it a little.

Does it work? Of course it does! Big Grin

As such, to celebrate I got all of my DCC fitted locos together and - one by one - set the decoders to run from the long addresses, and programmed the loco running numbers into the decoders. Happy days.

Having all the locos together in one place I couldn't help but take this:
[Image: 20140503_005216_7_zps83fa2534.jpg]

And then, of course, I had to get a new profile picture for the Cane River facebook page:
[Image: 20140503_001739_13_zps62a3d61a.jpg]

Lovely.

I also spent my lunch break making some more lumber stacks for the yard, as well as generating and printing out car cards for each of my freight cars. Fun times to be had putting those together!

Messages In This Thread