First One
Mike Kieran Wrote:Can't help it. My family was originally from the Bronx and my first game ever was at The Stadium on June 8, 1969 (Mickey Mantle Day). Boy it sucks to be a Mets fan this year. I am however a Brooklyn Cyclones fan (it's a Brooklyn Thing) whose Stadium is built on Steeplechase Park.

If anyone remembers Steeplechase Park, then they remember that there was a midget clown at the exit to the park. That was my Uncle Tom.

By the way, do you know where the Mets got their name?

Short for "Metropolitans" was all I knew but I just did a little online search to see the name has an old heritage. And yeah, its a little slice of masochism to be a fan right now. I keep getting excited when they reach .500 ball, only to see them drop below the next day! Enjoy the Bomber's season as they edge up on Boston.
Despite the lousy season I'm going to stick my neck out and say the Mets will take 2 out of 3 in the upcoming Subway series at home. Smile

Ralph

Oh, I once went to a Yankees Old Timer's Day double header in the early 70s and saw Mantle hit a home run!

Messages In This Thread