My other hobbies.
THe fishing boat origins from a photo of a partial cutter I saw in the papers that dealth on problems on in shore fishing at Lofoten way back. I liked the details and I know pretty well the shape of North sea fishing cutters so it was easy to free Lance the rest. The Mountains in the background are a mix of Mountains I sa on various Pictures on net which are not unlike those at Lofoten, Norway. The sea caused a problem with the colors I used, when wet they looked great but once dried, looked like made of plaster. This was my first try, and turned out OK. It took a while to get it right. So the vessel is one quarter reality, Three quarters fiction, I guess 60-70 foot in lenght is just about right. The designation N15OA is N for Norway, 15 as it was my fifteenth painting and OA are my innitials. I have Another painting based on Eureka the 4-4-0 that at times runs on the Silverton line. I backdated it a bit and added Mountains from Lofoten Norway just for fun and as thank you for lending Mountains for the fishing boat scene. I love painting and want to do more. .

Messages In This Thread