NY&A ISL
I have a new track plan for an NY&A switching layout. I took the foundation of the Palmetto Spur plan and added a Bushwick Branch feel to it. The layout will be 8 feet long x 16 inches with a 4 foot removable extension which will include the other end to a runaround. It will have a mixture of industries from the Palmetto Spur plan and sidings found in Bushwick Terminal. I could never compete with Kurt's Bushwick Terminal layout so mine will be semi-freelance. This is the plan I came up with, i'm not great with the track programs but it gives you the idea.

[Image: isl_zps998932cb.png]

Somewhere in the first 12 inches of the layout will be a grade crossing, and all turnouts are #6. The siding marked with a #1 is going to be a food processor which was on the Pal. Spur plan and will have the same 3 car spot of a tank car, reefer and boxcar. #2 will be a warehouse with a 3 car spot of boxcars. I decided to go with a team track where the runaround creates some extra track space at #3, it's similar to Bushwick Terminal and will be able to accommodate 2 cars which will include gondolas and bulkhead flats of pipe and rebar, covered hoppers of plastic pellets, boxcars of brick and when the team track is slow I can store stone cars destined for Kings Material (which would be located off the layout on the track above the team track). #4 which was the team track for the Pal. Spur will most likely be a warehouse with a 3 car spot of boxcars. Then #5 will be a paper company that will have a 1 car spot of hi-cube boxcars. I'm happy with the plan and think theres plenty of space to switch the industries and creates the use of a wide variety of cars, and I could probably use occasional CSX power since it still has some Palmetto Spur DNA. I probably won't be able to start building for another week or so until everything gets unpacked (moving tomorrow) so thoughts and recommendations are welcomed.

Messages In This Thread