NY&A ISL
Ok so I thought I'd have some bench work built by now but between moving and work I've fallen behind a bit. Also sharing a laptop with my girlfriend cuts back on planning and researching, so today I decided to mock up the track and layout dimensions right on the floor. It looks very vague but gave me a really good idea of how things fit and what changes need to be made. Hopefully these pictures will give you an idea of the actual dimensions and the overall plan. Inside the thicker blue tape represents the footprint of the layout which is now 96"x18" and the thinner blue tape represents sidewalks and the street inside that area. I decided that the removable extension will get an extra 16" which will provide enough space for switching and the amount of cars able to be switched, also half of the extension that connects to the layout will also get scenery to help hide the end of the layout while the train is exiting the scene. Also I might swap the location of the food processor from siding #1 to siding #2 to be able to fit a corn syrup storage tank. Hopefully I can actually get something built soon.
[Image: imagejpg1_zps087f2ab5.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg2_zpsd7ce1925.jpg]
[Image: imagejpg3_zps75d60dfe.jpg]

Messages In This Thread