Weekly Photo Fun - May 9th-15th
A few freshly-done freight cars.

This one's a $4.00 Train Miniature car from the LHS. It was a new-in-box undecorated kit. Paint is Floquil with custom lettering from C-D-S:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS029.jpg]

Another NiB TM kit, formerly a CNR boxcar. I added a few details, some Floquil paint and C-D-S dry transfers:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS024.jpg]

This one's a similar TM car which was already in service, but originally lettered for PMcK&Y. Here it is in its new paint and lettering:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS013.jpg]

Another NiB $5.00 kit from the LHS, this one by Tichy. It replaces the original version of the one shown above. Paint from Floquil, C-D-s lettering:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS023.jpg]

Another $5.00 bargain, again NiB, this one by Sylvan:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS002.jpg]

The boxcar shown below is a Red Caboose car which I painted and lettered several years ago. While the B&O's M-26 boxcars were copies of Pennsy's early X-29s, the car shown, unbeknownst to me at the time, is too modern :oops: Misngth

[Image: TrainBrain140.jpg]

A generous friend recently gave me another Red Caboose kit, this time for an early X-29. Paint from Floquil, with C-D-S lettering:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS021.jpg]

...and here's the earlier faux pas, re-done as a newer PRR X-29:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS025.jpg]

While I like this Intermountain SFRD reefer, it's a year or two too modern for my layout, so it's headed to a new home.

[Image: Reeferhatches010.jpg]

I replaced it with two similar ones, but painted them to represent the cars as they were originally painted. Here's one of them. Lettering is from Microscale:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS003.jpg]

Finally is this modified Accurail car. It represents a USRA-style wood reefer, a car from which the prototype steel reefers shown above were re-built. The older style paint scheme was done in Floquil, with lettering from Microscale, CBT Shops, and Champ:

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS028.jpg]

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS027.jpg]

Wayne

Messages In This Thread