Tank cars for Paper Mill
No offense intended, but IF Bing (or whatever I used) did bring some substantial results I wouldn't be here asking! I scrolled down thousands of ORER listing to find some infos (which I found but were too recent).

Anyway, you pointed out interested ideas, but as for a forum about Canadian Paper Manufacturing, no such thing exist (at least, they are well hidden in the woods or behind a rock). Same thing about paper mills. Their websites have minimal informations about contacting them online, except if you are worried about your retirement or an investor. Most paper mill in Eastern Canada (particularly my area) went through many consolidation, bankruptcy and other nasty economical issues, thus, they probably don't have any ressources to find archives stuff for wannabe modellers like me. I've been trying asking people of the area but they didn't care about what moved on rail thus their memories are useless for that matter. Anyway, I'll try to contact Clermont paper mill via a good old letter since only their mail address is available... or maybe phone call them.

My best chance is trying to find someone who worked there and still have minimal knowledge about how the mill was run in the old days. It's where I am now standing and I'm waiting to see if some of my contacts could be useful. Unfortunately, my family members that worked there are all dead since a long time already.

I suspect some long time railfans here have seen plenty of action at north american paper mills back then and could be able to give some hints here and there to help focus my search.

***EDIT*** found some relevant informations on a forum and a Yahoo Group...

Thanks again...

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread