Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi there,
so finally I made some progress on my layout and all the new trackwork is done and tested. As you´ve seen in my last post I reworked the siding on my lower level and added three staging tracks to it. I installed BluePoint switches and installed them on my bench.That was a lot easier than crawling under the layout and wire all the switches etc. I have only done the connections to the buswire under the bench. Big Grin
[Image: 30.04.15%2B-%2B1]

After that I installed the piece of plywood on my benchwork,glued the korkroadbed and installed the track and turnouts. Made the connections and tested the trackwork.All worked fine and I could run some trains....So I´ll call it done for now.
[Image: finished%2B-%2B2]
[Image: 20150502_000352.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20150502-WA0007.jpeg]

Next step was to change the tracklayout on the Canfor planer mill around the corner. I wasn´t happy with the woodchip loading track next to the millbuildings and the loading tracks for lumber are far away from the buildings. I decided to remove one track and flip the other tracks. Now I have the woodchiploader farthest away from the mill to the front of the layout, next will be one of the tracks for loading lumber ending under a shed and the last track also for loading lumber. The shed will be scratchbuild with a concrete ramp inside. There will be a lot of lumber stacks around the buildings and under the shed,the track next to the mill will be on streetlevel and filled with concrete,the rest of the ground will be earth and fine gravel. I´ll remove the blue foam and install some 10mm plywood. 2mm kork will be glued to the plywood and track will be glued on top of the kork.
[Image: 20150502_201343.jpg]
Entering the mill from the new build Sundance Siding.The track in front will simulate the mainline to Chetwynd.It´s long enough for two engines.I´ll add a rounded piece of plywood in the corner...
[Image: 20150502_201349.jpg]
[Image: 20150502_201356.jpg]
[Image: 20150502_201402.jpg]

I hope to get some time to buy the plywood this week and install it here.....for now I´ll cal it done.The track is wired and tested and some switching could be done on the mill....

Last part of the update is only changing some buildings at Dawson Creek West....I wasn´t really happy with my decision to add the large Silocomplex in the middle of that section. Instead of that I´ll go with to Walthers Silos (still one to build) and some smaller structures to the left of it....First is a before picture,the second is how it will look now.
[Image: 03.04.15%2B-%2B2]

[Image: IMG-20150503-WA0001.jpeg]
[Image: IMG-20150503-WA0003.jpeg]

I like the new look much more....So let me know what you think about my changes.Any ideas,tips and comments are very appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread