Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi,

after I had some small op sessions during the last few weeks I found out that the new part on the lower level with the grade and the bridge is a bit to steep....so I made a redo of this part and also widened the curve so it will work much better for longer cars....I´ll insert the bridge later after some more testing of the trackwork.....First pictures shows the old track with a template in front of it as a comparsion.
[Image: 01.06.15%2B-%2B6]
Second one with the ne track layed out and the bridge behind the new track....
[Image: 01.06.15%2B-%2B1]
[Image: 01.06.15%2B-%2B2]

The second update is the last big project on the layout...It´s for the Planer Mill scene on the upper level just in front of the entrance into Dawson Creek Yard. First I have planed to build the Mill on the back of the layout with the main in front of it. But it was a bad solution for a good reach for uncoupling and switching....so I thought about a change of the scene and moved the mill to the front and the main to the back.
Here is my drawing made with Anyrail:
[Image: Upper%2BLevel%2BRoom%2BA%2BV1.0.jpg]

I ripped off the old track and roadbed and started the new trackwork. All the cork is glued down now and track is layed down. I have to wire the tunrouts and install the Bluepoints and will be ready with the last big wood and trackwork...I have to buy three more sheets of 3mm plywood for the backdrop and have to mount it....I´ll start to paint it light blue soon and I think this will change the whole look of the wooden empire Wink
Here are the pictures of the work I made. The Walthers Sawmill will be kitbashed for the Northwestern Wood Preservers planer mill and the other structures will be scratchbuild.
[Image: 20150613_221543.jpg]
[Image: 20150613_221550.jpg]
[Image: 20150614_164038.jpg]
[Image: 20150614_164049.jpg]
[Image: 20150614_164053.jpg]
The two tracks with the boxcars will be inside the millbuilding. There will be no problem with reaching over the buildings and I´ll leave the backside of the building open....More progress with some trains running will be follow,soon.

Thanks for looking.Any comments and tips are very welcome.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread