Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi there,
so it has been some time since my last post. I was busy on my Layout and in real life so there was not much time to post....Sorry for the delay on updates. But now here it is. First thing I have finished was the Yard at Chetwynd,BC. Track is glued down,wired and tested. All went well...and I found out that I have no pictures of the finished yard....I´ll do that this evening and post some pictures of that tomorrow....After the yard was finished I decided,that I need more room for storing engines and that I´m not happy with the current location of it. So I swapped the engine service and the Canfor mill. This gave me the possibility to add some more length to the mainline around the corner. At it´s end I´ll add a kind of staging cassette or something similar.
Here you will see the mainline to the left. It´s heading south to Vancouver. The engine facility is next to it. I added a fourth track to it.
[Image: 26.10.15%2B-%2B1]

The building is made from an Pikestuff "the Shops" kit with some additional wall sections,the foundation was made from several layers of styrene sheet.
[Image: 29.10.15%2B-%2B4]

I inserted an Peco inspection pit to the track.I´ll add a fueling island in front of the building and also a sanding tower. Other small sheds and other things will be added. There could be placed 4 engines inside the building and maybe 4-5 outside. I painted the structure in a green color from the rattlecan. That Duplicolor color is similar to the light BCR green tone.
[Image: 29.10.15%2B-%2B2]
[Image: 29.10.15%2B-%2B1]

While the paint was drying I started with cutting the parts for the I beams on the inside of the facility. They were also build from sheet and glued together.They will be painted in a dark grey color. The frames, dorrs and windows will be painted white or maybe dark green to mach the BCR paint theme.
[Image: 02.11.15%2B-%2B5]
[Image: 02.11.15%2B-%2B6]

From the engine servicing following the main a bit north around the corner you will see the Canfor Mill to the left and Chetwynd yard in the distance
[Image: 20151020_212849.jpg]

The mill structures are raised on 20 mm foam, the woodchiptrack is layed out on to layers of 5mm kork and the loading tracks will be glued to 5mm kork.I´ll build a ramp for the vehicles to the foam. The loading shed will be scratchbuild from wood with a loadingdock inside the shed. I have to find out the final position for the buildings like the truck woodchiploader etc.
[Image: 26.10.15%2B-%2B8]
[Image: 26.10.15%2B-%2B4]
[Image: 26.10.15%2B-%2B6]
[Image: 26.10.15%2B-%2B7]

So that are my updates on the lower level, but there are some more changes to the upper level. Only small things but I think they are worth to show.
The first bigger change was also a swap of the interchange with the teamtrack. Not much to do here than changing the name from interchange to teamtrack and alter adding some details liek a loading dock etc.
[Image: East%2BDawson%2BCreek%2Bnew%2B-%2B5]
[Image: East%2BDawson%2BCreek%2Bnew%2B-%2B6]
You´ll see a new structure to the back of it. It´s no more railserved but has it´s loading dock on the railside. I have not decided what company will go into that but I think it will be some kind of storage building.
[Image: East%2BDawson%2BCreek%2Bnew%2B-%2B4]
I added two other buildings on the opposite side of the street. One will be a construction company ( to the front) and the other another type of small business...maybe some type of electronics supply. The side you´ll see will only be the backside of the building with some fence around it....
Next to it is Wrights Food service. The complex moved to the left and into the corner. This was possible because I extended the benchwork around the corner. This is the place where the Interchange track is now located. Mainline and Interchange are ending there below a roadbridge. Maybe I´ll add a removable two track storing cassette here,too. There will be no structures or roads here,only scenery....
[Image: East%2BDawson%2BCreek%2Bnew%2B-%2B3]
[Image: East%2BDawson%2BCreek%2Bnew%2B-%2B10]
[Image: East%2BDawson%2BCreek%2Bnew%2B-%2B11]

And the last thing was a smal change at the West end of this area next to the G.E.R.N. complex. I moved one track and turnout around and also moved some buildings and the mainstreet. This breaks up the straight look of track,street and row of buildings.
[Image: 02.11.15%2B-%2B4]
[Image: 02.11.15%2B-%2B1]
[Image: 02.11.15%2B-%2B2]

So that´s all for nearly two months. Now I think I´m happy with the look of all those scenes.
Thanks you for looking and any comments are very appreciated.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread