Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi there,

some small things going on here and I made some progress on Dawson Creek "eastend" area. Here I started with a base for some scenery. I added some 20mm styrodur and sanded it to shape. Next step was to find some names for the companys around and I used Google Maps and Streeview looking through Dawson Creek.First Company is called Loomis Express...It´s a freight shed made from an Walthers kit. The loading doors on the back side of the building will be closed with sheet and I removed the loading dock on this side of the building.
[Image: mMBL0tFhZhtEUGbH9XpWlt-YM1yaYsF_zg9FHajd...41-h755-no]
[Image: ipg_qodcv7aFIiNQOEecjsghVLJwUGAfYieE36Ap...41-h755-no]

On the other side of the street there will be two companys . To the back is ACE Instruments Ltd. The building is made from Walthers modular parts and the addon from Pikestuff wallparts. I painted it with Tamiya Desert Yellow. There will be a chainfence on the front to the tracks and to the back next to the loading dock.The painting isn´t finished,I have to do some detailing and weathering and redo some areas. Was more of a test.
[Image: -koJtf5Cu3wLeqTSBWk7ETzBS5aWnTiEqz2EC7SW...41-h755-no]
[Image: sxzIgJH_S9Qj5bNSRnFN7A67rK5-30aJK761TgKj...41-h755-no]
[Image: -koJtf5Cu3wLeqTSBWk7ETzBS5aWnTiEqz2EC7SW...41-h755-no]

R.Norman Trucking & Towing is on the ohter side of the tracks. The structure is build from Pikestuff wall and roofparts.It´s a shop building with an additional small office. I don´t know if I´ll leave the wall to the front open to detail the inside of the shopbuilding at the moment. I´ll make my decision later. The base for the structure and lot sits on a 14 x 95cm piece of 8mm MDF and will get a 2mm styrodur base for groundwork.
[Image: cuHihJ3fodL09E4SYjxhXCsiacGTQ2j85dQprcqC...41-h755-no]
[Image: nLKvAOZNHxt4n07o9swP7LpmlYW6IAFXArZcei5T...41-h755-no]
[Image: NDHJgt948N9TMxmc3RZOYoeKizkg9yRkPqFRgkqW...41-h755-no]

The last structure here is Wright´s Food Service Ltd. This one was in that corner of my layout for some time but I made some changes to the buildings. Or better I started from new and also change the trackwork for it. Now Wright´s has two separate buildings. To the left next to ACE sits the Freezer & Diary cold storage warehouse. It has a track going into the building and two truck loading doors. The core is made from 1,5mm sheet and it will get some bricksheets if I will ever find my stored walthers brick walls,lol. The second building is the grocery warehouse with two raildoors and three truckdoors. It will be made from 1,5mm sheet,too but without the brick walls. It will get a metal edge from old Pikestuff material. The area between the two buildings will be rough paved with some gravel on the edges.The tracks in front of the building will be paved,too. I´ll build two tanks and a small office building with a small parking lot on the left side next to the wall. The structures will be placed on 5mm styrodur on top of some Kork glued to the plywood. Structure and lot will be on railhead level.
[Image: fPrZoS-Ua-iifQplKhmge8WyupyzIdMGBXyrQbl7...41-h755-no]
[Image: 2jEFH1d_DmR5waSd0qJGqZwT4tWRDSDGvoMPxV_y...41-h755-no]
[Image: L7fmbrnzkgrFmYjje3CSJW7ZgBoCWfE2FpdBrb-C...41-h755-no]
[Image: JfatjttmL8nwCgn3DU6UNt0Ihagliy7eMnUrArk9...41-h755-no]

Finally I made some structure changes in the downtown are of Dawson Creek. Some time ago I started scratchbuilding a structure for the layout but had no more use for it. Now it´s back on the layout....I will make some smaller changes to it but it is a nice match for the location it will placed. It´s next to Downtown Decos Addams Avenue part 1.
[Image: f1i9osJ8Zx2LY3BVHcFUtO1KzEMoFSD6ofL8T7Sx...15-h771-no]

The open space between Addams Avenue Part 1 and Harrisons Hardware will be filled with part 2 and 3 of the Addams Avenue kits. So mabe I´ll give that street the name Addams Avenue,lol...
[Image: LGXYHCzsQc_XAwiCLd5hgiFdy5e8EPZg9J4KacLW...15-h771-no]

So this will be all for now....I have changed from trackwork to structure building and covering the plywood with some base for scenery...still a long way to go but the more fun part has started.

Thanks for looking and any input and comments are very appreciated.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread