Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
HI,
as I wrote on my last post, I made some changes to the Northwestern Wood Preservers mill. I rearranged the trunouts and tracks for a smoother and simpler look. There are now 3 tracks, one of them still for woodchip cars, the next track for outside loading of bulkhead flatcars and center partition cars or boxcars and the last one for loading inside the shed. The woodchiptrack is designed to load 4 cars, the outside loading track could hold 3-4 cars and the inside track can hold 3 cars max. Logs will be delivered by truck.Liquid additives will be also mostly delivered with trucks and from time to time with tankcar.
Here´s the trackplan of the upper level:
[Image: hVwDGqxAEI0xA9CvCGlrpKZNz4e-7sSVhPlBtXxP...RG=s773-no]

[Image: BoThUz-V-UO7r273ZP0Yi9Y0lYDoaaDXzKaZl8mC...41-h755-no]
[Image: kbMSrSzI5mkhI7qMHVwH1vu_i7KGDhkUxoEuOPTz...41-h755-no]
[Image: Ix6mA6JNCpspH4lwCnO-Em0kIvmVzyxEM38bSRfi...41-h755-no]
The buildings will be made from Pikestuff kits and scratchbuild.

The other thing I changed was some trackwork on the lower level in Chetwynd yard. My goal was to get more prototypical operating on my layout. On the prototype most traffic is empty cars from the south (Vancouver) up north and loaded cars from the North back south. SO I searched for a way to include a hidden staging to the south of Chetwynd. But the destinations on my Layout are the other way, I could add a staging to the northend and not to the southend. On the proto Chetwynd yard the Canfor mill and the engine service are located on the south end of the yard and the spur to Dawson Creek on the north end where the helix is build on my layout....My mind was blocked how to get that working....Some days ago it hit me with a hammer,lol Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang
My layout is proto freelanced so why not change the directions of the lower level....this will be not much more than changing names...The difference to the 1:1 yard is now that the spur to Dawson Creek starts on the south end and the engine service and Canfor mill are at the north end. But I can add a second track going down the Helix and entering a staging level below Chetwynd.
In an op session ti means a train coming from Vancouver will set out the cars at Chetwynd.The engines will go to the service area for their turn back to Vancouver later. The yardswitcher will sort the cars for their destinations, local or Dawson creek and the Train to dawson creek will go it´s way up the helix and the yardswitcher at chetwynd serves the local spots.At Dawson Creek a local will switch the industries around and the train will head back to Chetwynd.At the end of the session the Train back to Vancouver is ready with loaded cars from Dawson Creek and the local industries and will be travel to the staging.
Chetwynd yard was changed a bit with some more turnouts and two new small industries to be served, BC Hydro Utility Pole yard and Imerial Oil spur.Trackage for both has to be layed but the trackage in the yard is ready for wires.
First there´s the Anyrail trackplan
[Image: MrBJ_f9hk1i81MbX8YbrBb2v7sXaAhT-BDlAYANU...41-h557-no]

[Image: Tq9PYb9Y5e5_todk5tQ9EMaikpIEvDkyAP-GETOf...41-h755-no]
Old northend of Chetwynd before the change

[Image: OlIJ5FjG1r4ltZfgGo4YgJ0bBw_7pMCm_O_XGeWy...41-h755-no]
After the changes the two new spots will be on the far right.

[Image: ieoop5MMUeR3oadldBGuALSKcT_qXrziMU60D7pQ...41-h755-no]
Sticker for the direction of the tracks will be added to the fascia later.

I´ll add a passing siding on top of the Helix for some more fun.

Thanks for looking any any comments,tips,ideas are very appreciated.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread