Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi there.

Last week I made a final decision. I was not happy with the location of my helix for a long time but was afraid of rebuilding it. But why stay with something what is not working and looking the way I want it to. So I removed all foam,track and benchwork of the helix and a small part of the benchwork next to it. I left the base of the helix untouched but moved it from the middle of the room into the right corner. This gives some space in front of it for scenery and a little bit more isle space.I started relay the track and made some measurements for the hights of the first level of the helix. All worked fine and I made a good start. I hope to finish it next week. I´ll show more progress the next days and how it all will work.
First picture is when the helix was buildsome time ago.
[Image: UwFJSDY_1Z2z0-3ypBIliqHMB1YS1CM3FdRGuuHP...31-h773-no]

Here are some first pictures how the room is looking now.I will take a picture from the same angle to see the difference
[Image: yTfh22qyPF8QhGQoooQp4sAOrgdimpq9omzXGzBR...41-h755-no]
New benchwork in place.
[Image: OAeA_i17ALSYQ6ux595drw_alzFgnAUTHQVk0vVj...41-h755-no]
Started with some plywood. I have to make the cuts for the subroadbed and screw it to the risers. Landscape will be made from foam cut to shape. There will be a farmscene in front of the tracks and some fields in the background behind the tracks. Maybe a dirtroad....trees,bushes...etc.
More pictures will follow tomorrow if I find some time to work onthe layout this evening.

Thanks for looking,
Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread