Dawson Creek Subdivision - British Columbia Railway - H0
Hi there,
Matt,thank you for the kind words. The layout isn´t as big as it looks. The room with the helix has about 16 square meter and is the biggest of the rooms. All those corners were a challenge to work with... I wished I have more and longer straight walls....The layout was planned only in the helix room at the beginning and grew up with the time.
Here are some recent updates of my layout.....and again some changes.....only small changes.
First change was done to thenorthwestern wood preservers plywood mill again. I was thinking how the prototype would do it. I think they will feed raw wood into the mill on one side, add some ingredients during the manufacturing and will get finished and packed plywood on the other side....so it will make no sense to deliver the glue and paint on one end,the wood on the other and load the plywood in the middle....so this is what I came up with:
[Image: 25736435243_2210801611_c.jpg]
First part is a part of the area where the Logs and pulpwood is stored. The logs will be deivered by trucks as is on the prototype

Next step is the inbound track for tank and boxcars.
[Image: 26272978581_5000c33a5c_c.jpg]

And the second track is for loading the outbound finished plywood into boxcars,flatcars and trucks.This will be the other end of the mill.
[Image: 26339226055_3d3726c8de_c.jpg]

It´s only a rough mockup with leftover structures etc. but it will give me a better feeling for the whole thing.

The second part I´m working on was the interchangetrack and the look of this end of the layout.
I moved Wright´s food service around the corner and removed the cold storage. I placed the interchange to the rebuild area next to the teamtrack with the siding.
[Image: 25811087854_99354f9100_c.jpg]
[Image: 26246794202_6e1523cf6e_c.jpg]
This gives me some new space where Wright´s was located. The single track is the NAR/CN row heading into Alberta. I will scratchbuild a road overpass maybe a third structure...I´m still searching for something maching to the two other buildings and will add some backyard scenery to it...some trees bushes etc.
[Image: 26407514586_01c416e05b_c.jpg]

More progress wil follow soon. Thanks for looking.

Regards,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835

Messages In This Thread