The Credit Valley Railway circa 1900
Another weekend !!

Let's see, this weekend, I straightened/sorted out the junk under the layout so I could find what is there.
Now things seem to be sorted out into large 30CM x 30CM x 45cm carboard boxes, each with a label. These can be piled 2 high under the layout. Six of them (cardstock, foam (x2), foil, plastic and wood). Under the layout are three plastic shelving units on wheels. Also three short wooden shelving units for small stuff and a desk/workbench are in place under the layout.

On top of the layout, I cut foam for the rear corners and have decided that one should have a cabin, one a farm house and barn that look too small for N Scale, so will do fine in a rear corner (forced perspective). The third corner will have just a rise with trees. Also the first back corner to the right of the door will have a rise and a farm house on it.

Then on Sunday afternoon, I got out the blender and some old sponges my wife used in the kitchen and threw in a bucket when done...

First I removed the green scour side of the sponge and put it in a draw to be used later in tree making.

Cutting the yellow side in quarters, I tossed several pieces into the blender, along with some very watery white glue and some dollar store green paint. Switched the blender up to "Liquify" and gave it several short bursts until it sounded like it was running smoothly.

Taking a strainer and plastic pitcher, I drained the ground foam and then spread it on an aluminium pie plate to dry.

Each blender load became one pie plate load. Each time I went back to the blender I added more watery glue and a different colour of green paint to the mix. I now have 6 pie plates of various green shades drying nicely.

I guess I did have a busy weekend.

But in all the work, I did not get out the camera. 35
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->

Messages In This Thread