040 little tugger
Thank you Les, Gus and switchman, its strange is this, in one direction that is approaching the frog as if going straight through on the main the loco jumps,clunks and carries on!if going through the point(switch!!!!) to turn into a siding direction its fine,same in reverse from either main or siding straight through!!!!!!
Last night i ran it on our club test track,1/2 hour at various speeds and the large oval has a passing loop and sidings with points (damn!switches!!!)of various types,ie. dead frog, live frog,large radius ,small radius and curved, she ran very well and was controllable down to a very slow speed indeed,only then did she stall on the insul frog of a long curved switch!! GOT IT!!!!
When i first put it on the track there were a few funny looks and comments at this strange little loco but power on and they were all surprised at the way she ran,the variety of points were all negotiated with just an odd klunk but no derailing and indeed she ran very slowly through them all,so i think that a new point (switch!!!!!!!) may be the order of the day.
I have heard of people turning down flanges in the way described but must admit wouldnt realy fancy doing it,i might try deepening the flangeway though,but i think the flange makes contact with the nose of the frog,must investigate further first.
So this afternoon i ordered a Tank version of this little lady!!i think you can say i like this gal!!
Now to find some pics of something similar to see if she can be "dollied" up a bit, i beleive these models are just generic and not of a particular locomotive type.
For the price a little bargain.
Thank you all again.
Don.
What its Monday!! Again !!

Messages In This Thread