Lebanon Industrial Railway
I was able to get all of the track laid and wired the other night, I still need to finish up a few things before I can start adding scenery, but if all goes well I should be able to start with the scenery sometime next month.

I have been reading up on the Molalla branch on the Oregon Pacific RR, and it's creation has given me inspiration for the back-story of my railroad. During the 1980's the Southern Pacific was selling off their unprofitable branch-lines, the Molalla branch was sold off to the Oregon Pacific and the SP was so glad to get rid of the line that they let the OPRR use their locomotive until they could buy their own.

On my railroad, I will have the SP drop off their locomotive to the right of the layout(near the office) when they are done dropping off cars at the interchange, the LIRY crew would then operate the locomotive.

If anyone else is interesting in reading about the OPRR Molalla branch you can visit their website here: http://www.oregonpacificrr.com/molallabranch.html
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)

Messages In This Thread