Tichy Kits
I've gotta agree with the statements above.
If you write to the manufacturer and explain what happened, or that there was a missing part(Be nice) they usually will send a replacement.

I had gotten an Athearn F59PHI at a show one year. I stuck it on the "To-Do" shelf where it sat for a couple of years. When I finally went to paint the loco(it was undecorated) , I found that the pilot was missing from the parts bag. I e-mailed the company, explained what had happened, and even told them I was willing to pay for the part and shipping. A couple of days later, a new pilot arrived in the mail, free of charge.

Also, a Rix Products silo I bought, had a part that was short shot(Plastic missing from the part). I took a picture of the errant part, sent it in an e-mail, also told them I was willing to pay for the new part and shipping. Not willing to wait, I assembled the silo and covered the bad part with a Walthers caged ladder. Took a picture of my solution, and sent it to them and said "Thanks, but I fixed the problem my self." They still wanted my address. A week later, a whole new kit came in the mail!

Just be nice, explain the problem, and even offer to pay for the replacement and shipping. I think you'll be surprised.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

Messages In This Thread