Freelance 2015-1
Mike Kieran Wrote:Hey Reinhard,

A platform that is roughly 1-1.5 cm wide should be enough for a platform wide enough to at least handle a worker with a hand truck (old school unloading), but the new roll top gates are also an authentic way to represent a function before form line of thinking that many companies employ when they have tight budgets.

It is amazing how many roller gates are installed in Brooklyn at the building in 4x Streets between 1st and 3rd Ave. But I found very similar situations in KC,MO West Bottoms, Chicago Lumber District and LA Warehouse District. They are used for loading gates as simple plain door too. They are relatively easy to install in old structures, not to expensive and offer good physical protection for the money.

The building has a depth less than 2'. In my experience does a building with even more less depth looses much of it's 3-dimensional effect. It becomes a backdrop (with a nice surface) only. And I am also afraid to break the building in parts when I cut both sides of the brittle gypsum walls.
[Image: IMG_3912_zps8b326dcd.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread