To sell or not to sell???? Whaaaat!!!!
Well, I've seen almost all there is to see on railroading and modeling. Notice I did NOT say I've seen it all Smile I have modeled and or collected in Z, N, HO, O, and G -- 1:25 and 1:20.3 where I am now.

I've seen the evils of not taking monies seriously, credit cards, bankruptcy - all sorts of fun things there.....

I started in 1982, as soon as I had a 40 hour a week steady job, began spending money on the evils of comic books and science fiction & fantasy novels. Smile Then I began concentrating on model railroading, in late '84, I finally seriously began working on the train layout in my basement, it had been there since 1980 - hardly ever touched.

My 2 friends & I began the JGBSMF&W RR and as we grew and got more friends involved, it became a passion. I moved in with my girlfriend in 86, we were married in '88 and I dismantled the layout and sold off all the stock and trackage so we could pay for those little things that come about when you buy a house. In 1992, the G scale was begun, when she bought me a G scale starter set for our 4th wedding anniversary.

I have created both kinds of layouts.... Those with trains all over the place, with scenery there to fill the blank flat areas (The G scale now) and the scenic routes that have very little track but fantastic scenery on display. (The HO & N layouts)

So, when faced with the ideas of selling anything - yes, you do have to narrow your areas of interests. No one really can afford all the things you want. Am I satisfied? Yes, somewhat. I'm content where we are now. I sold off more than I own now, I'm happy with what I have. I survived the bankruptcy 10 years ago. But I still would LOVE to buy that G scale Big Boy.... It's only $4,000.00 Smile And yes, I still want the GG1 for $1,995.00 Eek But I'm content just being part owner of a "Blue" bulletin board :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread