need options for a Rail-to-Road Aggregate Transfer
Hi marti427 and Welcome to Big Blue for your first topic post.
The best answer to your question that I can give is to check out the Effingham Railroad website at EFRR.com.

This short line services several businesses directly and numerous others indirectly through its affiliate Total Quality Warehouse [TQW] which it serves via a through track inside the warehouse. Your desire to have a rail to truck aggregate transfer operation is covered by the Mid-Illinois Concrete dump pit at the North end of the short line. I have photos and seen clips of EFRR delivering aggregate, but I am unsure where and how the sand for the concrete mix is delivered and stored. The line also services the Harlan Bakeries plant, which between 2002 and 2007 was the location of the second Krispy Kreme manufacturing and distribution plant and produced 1/3 of their total output of donut mix and other consumables. The railroad also serves Hodgson Mills who produce stone ground wholemeal bread mixes and breakfast cereals.
So, as you can see, between 2002 and 2007 EFRR served both ends of the food spectrum, junk food and wholesome food.
EFRR therefore had an each way bet on the food sector so to speak.

The EFRR provides a perfect example of a short line providing switching services to a business/industrial park.

Check out EFRR.com, TQW.com, Agracel.com [the developer/owner].

I will eventually be modelling this short line myself, its on my "round to it file", but you are more than welcome to model it or use it as inspiration for a short line of your own.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread