HO in 4x2, Portsmouth, NH
I promise I'm not crazy Big Grin the layout fits!
I have tried to start two layouts before this and with little to no luck, most times I got as far as laying the track and trying to wire DCC and that has been my failure. I can't seem to get pass wiring, everything I do seems to match everything I read and watch yet I can never get any power. This layout will most likely be DC but would love to try to make it DCC later. The layout is as small as it is because I would like to focus more on modeling than physical running (scenery, weathering, modeling, and scratch building) although I have laid test track (nothing set yet) and I can fit a engine and a car with ease. This layout will have a add-on a foot long that will allow the engine and car to fit on the "main-line."
As you can see in the picture below I will have a rail-to-road Walters kit up top with a siding that could house a oil transload area later on and a "team track" this can house two of the smaller hoppers I will be using or one of the larger boxcars. The warehouse on the bottom is High Liner Foods in Portsmouth, NH. It can fit larger reefer boxcars but I haven't decided if I will use those or the older blue box kits that have less detail but are smaller in size. I will be heavily detailing the warehouse with 5 dock doors for trailers. As I mentioned I know this is small in size but I think it will offer me plenty of pleasure and is my stepping stone to my future, larger layout!

Please excuse the cheap looking paint sketch
[Image: portsmouth_zpskrwzyotk.jpg]

Messages In This Thread