Team Track/Loading Dock
Mr Fixit Wrote:Well there goes BR60103's theory about half a dozen guys and crowbars then. 35

Mountain Man; I must admit that I was anticipating a straight transfer lift from rail car to low boy using one or two mobile cranes, so the crib work and hydraulic jacks was a surprise.

I was wondering if the transformer is transported with or without oil inside?
I wonder if my Dad knows given he worked for SECV for many years [32 years] as a senior engineer/manager.
SECV was the State Electricity Commission Victoria, a semi governmental body tasked with electricity generation, transmission, distribution, supply, and compliance here in Victoria.
Sometimes I cant believe how much I know about electricity generation and supply, easements, buffer zones, land titles and the like, just goes to show how much you can learn from your parents by osmosis. 35
Check out Wikipedia for further information about the SECV and its history.

Mark

Wasn't possible at the location where the unloading had to take place. If you have Google Earth, take a look at the very small sidings at Palmer Lake, Colorado, and those things are HEAVY! As I understood it, that prevented the crane boom from being extended far enough to used in a straight transfer.

Messages In This Thread