Building the roundhouse at Mount Forest...
Work continues, speeding along at an almost glacial pace, with eavestroughs added to the front of the roundhouse...

[Image: 100_7814.jpg]

The larger ones at the rear are both in-place and painted, although those from the annex roof still need paint...

[Image: 100_7815.jpg]

...which they'll get as soon as I repaint the roof, including the main one.

Here's the other rear corner, where the shortened stall is located...

[Image: 100_7817.jpg]

When the roof is removed, the eavestroughs  (and downspouts, of course) remain with the walls...

[Image: 100_7820.jpg]

[Image: 100_7821.jpg]

Since very little will stick well to the resin walls of the roundhouse, I fashioned a sort of "saddle" (seen in the photo above) made from styrene sheet and strip material, to which the soffit and eavestroughs were cemented.   With the roof in place, the set-up seems to work well enough.

The rear eavestroughs and soffit were cemented directly to that stone cornice, added a few posts ago, rendering it pretty-well invisible.  Because it and the trough and soffit are all styrene, the bond should be quite strong.

[Image: 100_7823.jpg]

[Image: 100_7824.jpg]

[Image: 100_7825.jpg]

Here's the relatively-easy assembly procedure...simply put the roof in place....

[Image: 100_7828.jpg]

...then press down...

[Image: 100_7829.jpg]

The front eavestroughs still need a little clean-up of the joints, before they get painted, but I also hope to get the roof re-painted later this evening.

After that, modifying and installing the doors will be next.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread