How do I talk to people who are "wrong"? Don't burn me yet
With the reputation of being as undiplomatic as a bear in a china shop, I have sympathy with your dilemma.
While this may be a hobby, (just sit back and don’t sweat about it) it certainly goes against the grain, for me, to allow mistakes to perpetuate themselves, and that goes for ones that I try not to make!
When I am proved wrong, I do admit it, though sometimes GRRRRR!!! :oops:
As has been already mentioned, I try and sugar coat my response, “But I was lead to believe.....”, “I’m sure I read.....”, “I respectfully suggest....” etc etc.

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:......but I usually do try to communicate my rationale backed with evidence, and suggest alternatives. Much of the time my suggestions are reasonable and they get put into place.

That is the best you can do, and as your recommendations are often implemented then you can’t be too wrong.

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:I can't shake that feeling that I'm coming off as "The Know it All"

Not in my book, over the years I have observed that most “know-it-alls and self appointed experts, do not have a reason or a rationale to offer. They, I no longer waste my time with.
Unfortunately there are those who can’t be and don’t like to be told, so in those cases I just walk away, one reason why I am no longer a member of the local club. I can only do this for so long! Wallbang Wallbang
Welcome to the Undiplomatic Corp. 357
Cheers, the (do it my way or else!!!) Bear. Eek
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread