149th Street Harlem Station
[quote="Painkiller"]Now Gentlemen, this will be a very, very interesting thread that I will follow very closely. I have ben eye balling these terminals as modeling prototypes very closely for some time. Maybe one day it will be end up with LV.s Bronx Terminal with some modeling license... 2285_ 2285_ 2285_[/quote

Thanks! The good thing about Harlem Station is that you don't need one once of modeling license. Everything fits with no pain.

Today I started to lay track at 7AM and ended at 7PM, including about 1 hour break for lunch & diner. I'm starting to think Reinhard is a superhuman! How does he have such a constant and intense modeling output mesmerize me!

Track was glued with latex caulk. It went surprising fast. I'm glad to have bought a long aluminium straight edge. So far, it's been my best purchase of the year. Can't believe I lived without one for such a long time.

[Image: IMG_7930b_zpstcoydyqb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7943b_zpseujtjy3n.jpg]

In some spot, mainly near the carfloat apron, I used 5-minutes epoxy because radius is very very tight. Small brass pins were inserted into the concrete wall to make sure rails would stay aligned.

[Image: IMG_7938b_zpsssq7hvww.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7939b_zpsklp7amd6.jpg]

I'm quite proud of the final result. It took me about 5 years to "complete" this project since my first attempt was kindly published by the late Carl Arendt, but I'm glad I started over. The actual layout is probably among the most accurate rendition of this small terminal and it's fun to see it taking shape. I did some operation and was happy to find out my trusty Atlas S2 was able to navigate the very tight radius, some less than 12 inches.

[Image: IMG_7941b_zpsogxfk2cv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7942b_zps93mvxjag.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7946b_zpsvnzcdrjq.jpg]

I took some minutes to test and operate the layout. I can already say it will be a very fun small layout to operate. Next step is to spray paint the track before moving to scenery.

[Image: IMG_7948b_zpsim6h6cxd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7954b_zpsrdsdfqrt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7955b_zps9gdza68n.jpg]

Next steps are spray painting the tracks in camouflouge brown (Krylon) and starting to build the concrete pads, roads and ramp.

Rarely my projects move forward so quickly and flawlessly. It's crazy to think what is left is scenery and structures!!! Wink

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread