Ashley shops of the CRR of NJ of 1890-1900
**** Ashley shops of the CRR of NJ of 1890, give of take 10 years.

** That is the project, my new engine facility, I have been doing for awhile and have returned to yesterday. There is a Roundhouse with turntable,( C shaped, 16 stall sections,) Locomotive Erecting shop, Blacksmith shop, and Carpenter shop. Other shop services are provided in other buildings scattered around the facility. The Building I am doing first is the Locomotive Erecting Shop. Two things stopped my building of the facility. Windows and doors ! This is just one of the problems. The other has been a knee replacement. All this behind me I'll try again. I'll be talking about it from time to time.

** At present I am working on 2 of the 3 different types of double hung windows used in its construction. A common problem with scratch building any building is a lack of photos. With this building I have views of only 2 of the walls. This is a all brick highly detailed 1 story building, 170' X 90' building. It looks like 2, 170' X 45" high center peaked buildings built side by side, but are one building. Each of the 2 170' long roof peaks has a 150' long clearstory window structures centered on top of them. About 80 double hung windows are on each of these clearstory light providing, and ventilating roof structures. Never mind these 160+ double hung roof ventilating windows, there are many more windows and doors that are on the walls. On the two walls I see I can see in photos are 7 Locomotive doors, and around 20 windows more. To buy this many is impossible for me to do. I have to work around this problem, and will.

frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

Messages In This Thread