my new track plan
After discussing my track plan on another thread, I thought I should post it, so here goes. :oops:
This is ho. The table is actually two levels, with seven inches of height difference. Each level being one foot wide. The yellow line is the divider. The tables will free standing. This was the best I could come up with to give me the longest mainline. Staging tracks are on the upper right, with a small yard also on the upper level. The three track siding after the curve would be an interchange.
Minimum radius is 22" and the grade coming down the curve should be 2.5%.
I envision a city back drop behind the upper level yard, going around the curve it would change to a rural scene with plenty of pine trees. I am also thinking about putting a stream before the swing back curve, a small waterfall, then the stream would curve to the left and go underneath a bridge or trestle on the curved track.
Starting behind the interchange, the backdrop would change to a seedy, run down industrial area, and then gradually change to a city scene again behind the lower staging tracks. The biggest drawback I see is that all the buildings would need to be flats, which means I cut the buildings I have in half or buy new ones.
Oh, and reach on the big table is no problem, the bottom area is open. Nothing here is set in stone and can be changed.
So what do you think? Any comments or ideas are definitely welcome and needed.

Loren

Attached Files Image(s)

I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.

Messages In This Thread