my new track plan
nomad Wrote:Any one willing to give me some help here?

What is you design vision ? I mean - those questions by Byron are actually pretty good at making you consider your goals and desires and write them down. Someone else can help you with the track plan (the how), but you first need to describe your goal (the what)

As Byron writes on the web page I linked to " If you close your eyes and imagine the perfect scene, what does it include?"

You describe a layout with two city areas (one of them with a run down industrial area) separated by a rural area, with an interchange with another railroad somewhere along the way. Pine trees and a track crossing the river on a trestle.

Close your eyes and imagine your railroad being located somewhere in the US. Where would it fit in ? Are we talking Washington State ? Montana ? Ohio ? Ozark plateau ? West Virginia ? Maine ? Somewhere else ? That will help you figure out what type of railroad your railroad would be.

Are you picturing steam engines in the 1880s ? 1900 steam engines ? 1930 steam engines ? Small steam switchers and small trains ? 1950s colorful early diesel switchers ? EMD SD40-2s ? Big 6 axle diesels ?

Will passenger trains run through your town ? Modern Amtrak equipment ? Interurbans in the 1940s ? Name trains pulled by powerful steam engines ?

Do you have any favorite railroads ?

I am sure there are quite a few more questions - but I would start with your vision - where are we ? what year is it ? what type of railroad is this ?

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread