my new track plan
nomad Wrote:Ok Stein, here's more.

combination of rural area with trestles across rivers, passenger traffic with Budd RDC (Rail Diesel Cars) and local switching with maximum car length 40 scale feet may indicate something like "branchline somewhere in Washington State or Oregon sometime between 1940 and 1960s or so" ?

That hits it right there !

Defiantly smallish towns, if I interchange with a class 1 I would pick the Union Pacific. I have never been interested in waterfront scenes, but like the idea of cold storage and icing platforms, maybe livestock handling? And as I mentioned earlier, I like switching industries. Not big ones where you set out and pick up 10 cars at a time, but many 1 or 2 car industries so you do a lot of setting out and picking up along the line.

Loren

Hmmmm - I am thinking maybe something a little similar to the Walla Walla Valley RR - modelled very convincingly by e.g. Blair Kooistra - he has a very neat web site - he models the UP and the WWV ca 1960 or so.

Might provide some inspiration for the Nomad Valley RR: http://www.wwvrailway.com/

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread