A cool prototype in Stockholm Sweden!
[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

After posting a post on one of the threads here I recalled a series of a photos from Stockholm I took from the yard of Liljeholmen that begs to be modeled. Unfortunaly I don't have the right space for it but I would like to share them anyway. Back at the beginning it was a part of the main line but as the line was relocated, it became a switching branch to serve the industries that replaced the railroad shops. It was operational until it was to be a serving depot for the new light rail serving the city. Once up on the time the line was busy enough to be using electric switcher but at least the 1980.s the catenary was removed albeit the masts that carried them. Interestingly enough the yard was "J" shaped where in the bow in the bottom of the "j" was a yard to serve the freight house and team track(s) with one track extended to serve a modern cement plant along waterfront at the very end of the bow.

At the opposing end, there was a tunnel to the larger yard and switching area for more industries and terminals which connected the line to the main line. Also there was a track branching of in a switch back to serve a small port where a liquor warehouse/plant is located. By the time of the photos the line was shut down and the old warehouses where underway to replaced by more modern office buildings. The photos are not the best as back then I was not too comfortable with a camera and the weather was not that very good, I guess they are from 1987 or so, but I scanned them anyway and is part of my web site. for more photos, http://olaviahokas.com/railscenes/liljepix.html

Messages In This Thread