Retirement ....Good , Bad , So-so ??
I've only been retired for 4 months now and I am loving every minute. I still get up around 4:30 every morning but that's OK because I like that time of day. Since I don't watch television, going to bed at 8:30 has never been a problem. I planned long and hard before retiring. I'm too young for full SS, but I don't need it right now. I do miss not being able to spend $100.00 a week at the LHS, but I bought enough in the last few years to complete my layout (and then some!). Lots of kits on the shelf. I am expanding my organic garden and have become a Wikipedia contributor (early 60's and 70's rock and roll) to fill some time. Started to travel a bit, just returned from Alabama where among other things I visited the Foley Alabama Railroad Museum; where they have a 60' x 22' "O" gauge model railroad. Check it out on the Internet. Things changed at the place I worked for 43 years, new owners thought they could manage differently and I was basically moved to a position where I actually did nothing. Easy money but no satisfaction at all. After over 35 years of management responsibilities I just couldn't take it anymore...I tried for about 1 1/2 years before leaving. That and the daily 47 mile each way commute with 26 miles of Interstate highway being reconstructed (for the next 6 years) did me in. All in all, it was the best move I ever made...haven't missed it at all. Like others have said, I don't generally even look at a clock anymore!
Willie
willie

Messages In This Thread