Do You Keep ALL Your Mrring Magazines ?
I aquired a guy's collection of around 50 years of Model Railroader. 20 years or RMC and 10 years of other publications like timber times and narrow gauge gazette. They were all on the way to the dump as he had collected them and found that other then one or two issues he has never looked at them after putting them on the shelf. I combed through them and cut out any article that was of interest to me and stored them in a binder. The remains were recycled. I did save the gazettes and timber times as people collect them. I figured I will stack them up and sell them for $1 a piece to raise money for our Free-mo group. I did save some Model Railroaders for my son to look through but once he is done with them I either give them away or put them in the recycle.

One thing I have noted unless it is prototype information so muc has changed in regards to detailing scenery and other techniques that most of the old articles are just a novelty. Anything worth updating and repeating has been done and is usually available in a compressed book version from a number of publishers.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/

Messages In This Thread