HO gauge switching layout: Shenandoah Valley
Hi,

I thought I would share with you my progression on my new layout. It is pretty small, only 4' x 16" (plus a 4' long hidden staging area), but at the moment that is all I have space for. It has one three-way turnout, and it depicts a slightly run-down industrial estate somewhere in the Shenandoah Valley. I am a UK based modeller and I have never visited the Shenandoah, but I hope to one day Smile

The gauge is HO.

Era: Autumn 2015.

Control: DC analogue.

The main industry receives corn syrup, and has two tracks serving it, each holding 4 cars. These are the two spurs at the front of the layout. The rear spur formerly served a warehouse, but now acts as a car storage area and is generally little used. I may change my mind about this, so I have left myself the option of having the warehouse at the rear of the layout rail-served. But we'll see. The corn syrup facility will be represented on the layout with pipework (on the paved area at the front of the layout), with the main buildings being off-scene.

So far I have ballasted most of the track, installed the warehouse and laid down the grassy areas, and started on the corn syrup area with the paving. I have also started work on the wooded area at the other end of the layout, which will eventually disguise the exit. I am slowly adding more details, such as rubbish, debris, etc. Quite a long way to go before it can be said to be done. I also have some work to do on the backscene, including adding a bit more bracing to the rear.

Operations: With the corn syrup facility, I can have operations lasting 15 minutes a session, or an hour, depending on the jobs, etc.

This is very much a work in progress, but I hope to post updates asap!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread