HO gauge switching layout: Shenandoah Valley
Thank you all for the kind comments! I'm especially glad it is looking Autumnal - I've taken inspiration from the weather and landscape here in Newcastle and Northumberland at the moment...Very dreary! My favourite time of the year though. This is my first proper attempt, so I am learning a lot, making mistakes, but hopefully learning from them for next time. I have a notebook I am writing all my mistakes in...Volume 1 of many 357 Critical comments are very welcome!

@Catweasel - I'm based in Newcastle, gf family lives near Hexham. Sadly my local club only does British outline, so I am a bit of a lone wolf these days.

I have attached some photos of part of my collection of rolling stock, including some weathering on a hopper car I was doing tonight after work. I only have the one loco at the moment, a Bachmann SD 40-2, CSX (I am a Lance Mindheim follower, what can I say). It is a mighty fine runner, and a bargain at £45.00. I have an Athearn Genesis MP15-AC on order from Canada in GATX livery however, as I want to move away from CSX now. The photos also show my layout as a whole better. It was pouring with rain and dark outside so the photo quality is not fantastic.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread