HO gauge switching layout: Shenandoah Valley
I had a very productive day yesterday. I finally finished off all the ground cover in the corn syrup transload area and properly installed and weathered the control building. I have also finished the weathering of my latest boxcar - I am especially pleased with the rust effect I achieved on the wheels. I also made a lot of progress on the small tarmacked area that will at the back of the layout next to the warehouse building. It is only a slightly larger area than the size of a mug coaster, but it has been a very interesting learning curve trying to make it realistic. I used thick styrene and the instructions given by Lance Mindheim on his website blog. I have still to paint on white lines to delineate parking spaces, but I need to find some decent masking tape before I start that.

I have attached several sets of pictures showing my latest work. I have also attached a picture of the two "stunt double" models I use for practising techniques - a Lima BR blue parcels car, and a broken lorry trailer.

Tomorrow I will start work on the piping for the corn syrup. I have been drawing plans for this today so fingers crossed it goes as planned...

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread