HOn3 2-8-2 in the works...
On my narrow gauge 2-6-6-2, I decided to try something "new".
I mounted the motor in the tender, with a universal drive shaft, connecting it to the gearboxes in each frame.
In this photo:

The motor is mounted to this "sled" which inserts into the tank of the Vanderbilt tender,( attached to the end of the tank ) and is held with a screw under the tank, between the tender frame pieces. the shaft, with the universal drive slotted cup, attached to the motor shaft . The gearbox shaft will run under the cab floor. I got the parts for this drive from Northwest Shortline ( www.nwsl.com ) The "can" motor is one of their products.
Hope that helps.

Here' a shot of the 2-6-6-2 { I really need to get back to this project.....but I have a tern to finish first } as it is right now.

There is still a "bit" of work needed on the chassis, as there is :x binding in the side rods :x

Here, front to back:
The 2-6-6-2, my 2-4-4-2, my 2-8-2, and behind those, a brass Sumpter Valley RR 2-6-6-2

Now, you have some idea of why I'm following this, and praising what you have accomplished so far. I know just how difficult, and how much fun, this project can be, and I see some beautiful work being done here. Eagerly awaiting your next post.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread