Photobucket vs. Flickr
I am a longtime user of Photobucket and all my photos reside in the Photobucket library. That library is also referred to by all my posting in Big Blue.
Flickr is used in parallel since may years but only to look at others photos. My Flickr account was used as a "read only" account in the past.

Photobucket became over the time a more and more unsatisfactory photo library supplier. They became very slow and handling of my own photos while uploading became very cumbersome due to serious performance problems. Browsing through my photos is virtually impossible as it take minutes to get them on the screen. That makes it very inconvenient to find the right photo to refer to in an append.

I tried Flickr as a replacement today and uploaded lots of my photos to Flickr. I did also to a test posting referring to photos stored in Flickr and it worked great. At this looks Flickr very good to me.

Is there something I must obey or should know before I switch over to Flickr?

ps. I intend to keep the Photobucket account to ensure all the old posts still point to a valid internet address. The account will expire in August 2016.
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread